The role of 1st Line Technical Support Engineer is to handle customer and partner support requests, provision broadband services and provide assistance to the 2nd Line Technical Support Engineers where required.
The successful applicant would ideally have previous experience in a customer service based role and be able to:
- Actively and professionally support end customers and resellers through the resolution of Support cases relating to Wi-Manx services
- Provide exceptional technical support to customers through telephone, e-mail and ticket system
- Create a record of each customer problem in the support system and administer the process keeping an audit trail of activity
- Respond to all customer support requests in accordance with Support SLA’s
- Direct customers to the Knowledge Base to improve their ability in solving future problems themselves
- Write or contribute to Knowledge Base articles in order to maximise the effectiveness of the resource for customers
- Work within agreed support hours to maintain cover as published. Identify problems that need to be escalated to the next level of support
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of our products and services
The core role of this vacancy would be the 1st line support of our residential customer base , troubleshooting their connectivity issues and making recommendations to products and/or services available at Wi-Manx.
Ideally the successful candidate would have a good working knowledge and interest in internet, broadband and web technologies and meet the below essential skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, adaptable and a quick learner
- The ability and willingness to learn new technologies as required by the business
- A desire to exceed customer expectations
- Excellent team player as well as the ability to work independently
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a workload as appropriate
- Very high attention to detail
In addition to this but not essential, a good working knowledge of VoIP and broadband routers would be an advantage.
Working hours: Monday-Friday 09:00 – 17:00
Holidays: 25 days per year April-April
6 month probationary period
To apply please send us your CV together with a covering letter with the job title as the subject line to email@example.com.