Telecity Williams is our primary Manchester POP and has network connectivity to London and the Isle of Man. Telecity is the ideal location to connect customer networks outside of London and towards the north of the country.
The Manchester based data centre offers diverse colocation options with modular datacentre design and flexible power densities. The site is designed, built and operated by engineering experts to the highest industry standards to ensure business critical systems are always available.
The datacentre is designed to operate as efficiently as possible. New technology and innovation are fundamental elements of the datacentre design, and they invest considerable resources into ensuring that the efficiency of the facilities is the best in the industry.
The connectivity options available on site are enhanced by the presence of two of the world’s largest internet exchanges, LINX and AMS-IX as well and IX Manchester providing access to national and international peering.
CONSTANT POWER SUPPLY
Uninteruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems and standby diesel generators capable of support the site indefinitely in the unlikely event of a failure of grid power.
ENERGY EFFICIENT COOLING
A combination of water-based, fully redundant air conditioning used, as well as hot and cold aisle designs or innovative containment solutions.
Intelligent fire protection
Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus (VESDA) or alternative sophisticated detection technology installation. Two stage smoke detectors linked to the BMS and are continually monitored.
Services including IP Transit, MPLS, Ethernet, Peering Interconnect and Wave-length SDH are available from the data centres.
A European IP network supports Ethernet over MPLS services and connects the Manchester data centre, extending throughout European sites.
- Flexible configurations and power densities from 2kW to 20kW per rack.
- Fully redundant and resilient power supplies, at a minimum of N+1, ensure guaranteed uptime
- Maximum diversity and separation of UPS system and power distribution through dedicated A&B supplies.
- Every site provides back-up diesel generators capable of supporting the data centres indefinitely
- Fully resilient power supply
- Each of our Manchester data centres utilise a robust heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system which delivers stable air flow, temperature and humidity for efficiency equipment operation
- Minimum N+1 redundancy on chilled water-cooling system
- Fully concurrently maintainable, dual-path secondary chilled water distribution
- Close Control Units (CCUs) provide conditioned air to the data floors at a minimum N+2 redundancy
Security & Access
- Integrated digital video camera surveillance throughout the exterior and interior
- Independent client-card and biometric- identification access system
- Secure monitored single-person entry
- Unified security-breach alarm with access monitoring
- 24/7/365 manned security
Fire Detection & Suppression
- Monitored continuously from the Network Operations Centres, the fire detection and suppression systems minimise risk and suppress fires quickly to prevent problems from spreading
- High sensitivity smoke detection systems (VESDA)
- VESDA immediately detects airborne heat and smoke particles, notifying on-site facility staff before a fire has an opportunity to start
- Fully addressable two-stage fire detection system that monitors the underfloor, room and ceiling void space (smoke and heat)
- Fire suppression
- Secure managed delivery and loading bays
- Bespoke additional security provisions available, including secured caging, private suites and zones.
- ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Standard
- ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System Standard
- ISO/IEC 27001:2005 Information Security Management
- OHAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management
- PCI – DSS (Payment Card Industry – Data Security Standard) Attestation
- BS 25999-2:2007 Business Continuity Management
- Carbon Trust Standard