Isle of Man
Heywood House is our premier, offshore Isle of Man datacentre. The most modern facility of its type on the Isle of Man, Heywood House has a wealth of redundant power, cooling and network connectivity and is ideally positioned to serve the most demanding hosting environments.
With N+1 Generator systems, 2N+1 UPS systems, diverse A+B power feeds, the latest generation of cooling, cold-aisle containment and security systems, Heywood House should be your first choice for hosting in the Isle of Man.
We operate our own high performance, low latency MPLS network which has 10GE connectivity to London via Manchester, with resilient routes available via Ireland.
The state of the art Juniper powered network provides a solid foundation on which a range of flexible services can be offered to our customers. Metro Ethernet connections, MPLS pseudo wires, IP Transit and traditional internet connectivity can be offered. Premium bandwidth is supplied via leading IP Transit providers and customers can be safe in the knowledge that their connectivity is protected by the latest generation of DDOS protection appliances.
High density deployments are possible using the latest generation of HD in-row cooling systems. IT loads of up to 50KW per cab are possible within the selected high-density zones of our datacentre.
Self-generating power supply, not reliant on a single fuel source.
Minimum N+1 architecture throughout including power and cooling.
Our own high performance, low-latency MPLS network
Manned security, CCTV, alarms, multi- factor door systems and secure entry
- Redundant FJ Wilson generator sets which ensure continuity in the unlikely event of a mains outage or abnormality
- Diverse A+B Power Supplies
- 2N+1 Riello UPS systems
- Mardix designed and built distribution systems and LV panels
- Pod, Rack and Outlet level current monitoring
- Low PUE ~1.4
- Premium quality components within the facility, meaning the path from the utility supplier, generators and UPS systems through to the rack is without compromise
- Reliable and resilient
- Self-generating, not relying on a single fuel source and an interconnection to the National Grid ensures a reliable and highly available electricity supply from the Manx Electricity Authority (MEA)
- The data centre has its own substation with a day-1 operating capacity of 1MVA
- Redundant 16 or 32A feeds, single or three-phase to choose from with HD deployments ready for use in selected zones
- Low latency MPLS network with 10GE connectivity
- State of the art Juniper powered network
- Premium bandwidth supplied via leading IP transit providers
- CCTV systems throughout
- Multi-factor door-entry systems (Card, Pin, Biometric)
- Steel doors, “Air-Lock” and anti-tailgating systems are installed at the entrance to each data area
- Constant monitoring and recording of security systems
- Periodic risk assessments undertaken
- All aspects of the facility are designed to exceed the guidelines as set out in TIA-942 and our IMS
- IG2000 Gas Fire Suppression systems
- VESDA systems throughout
- Extensive DCIM and BMS systems
- Cold-Aisle containment systems
- High Density cooling options (>20KW)
- Chilled Water cooling with free cooling capability
- Underfloor cooling
- Cold aisles @ 22 degrees C
- Highly efficient CRAC units
- Redundant cooling systems
- ‘Free Cooling’ systems resulting in high operational efficiency and cost savings
- Each and every key cooling system is a minimum of N+1 with some aspects 2N+1